Take your audience beyond checkbox diversity!
The Volunteer Action Centre Waterloo Region has developed a series of fun, highly interactive, and easy to use resources that provide volunteers, staff, and managers with tangible steps to:
- Build deeper connections and deeper inclusion in your organizations - and with diverse clients.
- Learn to turn off your cultural cruise control and interact more authentically in diverse settings.
Building Bridges through Authentic Interactions – With Trainer Guide gives volunteer centres, consultants, and HR/Training managers access to the online learning modules with the addition of a Training Guide with details, handout and worksheet options and more. This tool will provide resources for you to build your own in person workshops.
Ingrid Brand EdD Comparative and International Development Education
Qualified Intercultural Development Inventory Administrator
for Volunteer Action Centre Waterloo Region
Blake Rice and Cayley Maltby
- In-person Workshop Delivery Resources
- Facilitator's Ancillary & References
- Online Modules
Course Version: 1.0
License Type: Exclusive Use for Performance and Learning Activities (Meaning: Use as is with credit given to Volunteer Action Centre as the course developer; no participant or number of sessions restrictions).
Intellectual Property Owner: Volunteer Action Centre, 151 Frederick St, Unit 500, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2, Canada.
License Terms and Conditions: By purchasing the Train-the-Trainer module, you are agreeing to the following course-ware licensing Term and conditions.
- Usage: The training materials, in any form, and including any subsequent updates, is licensed by the intellectual property owner mentioned above to the Purchaser for exclusive use for performance and learning purposes only. The Purchaser may be an individual, a partnership, an incorporated business, or similar legal entity. The Intellectual Property Owner retains full and complete title to all training materials under the protection of international copyright and intellectual property laws.
- Recognition of Intellectual Property Owner: Recognition shall be given to the Intellectual Property Owner at least once during the performance and learning activity's introduction as well as the session closing stages.
- License: This agreement authorizes the Purchaser with non-exclusive rights to use the training materials for performance and learning purposes of employees, volunteers, service providers, or customers for performance and learning purposes. Placing the materials on the marketplace, open-source, shared content or any third party websites is strictly forbidden.
- Derivative works: Under this license agreement, the Purchaser may customize the training materials only to be aligned with the facilitation style of the session leader(s). This also includes localization and translation for these purposes. The content of the course shall not be misinterpreted, misrepresented, or distorted.
- Resale: This license agreement specially prohibits the reselling of any of the materials, in part or whole, and including any and all derivative works.
- Transferability: This license agreement is solely between the Intellectual Property Owner and the Purchaser. This license agreement is non-transferable.
- Liability: The Intellectual Property Owner, its Directors, employees, or agents shall not be held liable for any direct or indirect damages resulting from the use of any materials. By agreeing to this license agreement, the Purchaser agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Intellectual Property Owner from and against all claims.
- Controversy: Any controversy in relation to the terms of this license agreement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the law of the province of Ontario, Canada. If any conditions or terms of purchase conflict with those in this agreement, then the terms in the agreement, in part, or in its entirety, shall be used.
- Online Distribution: Purchaser may not have material made available and/or accessible on-line or any public forum, without protecting access with a user name and password. Placing the materials on the marketplace, open-source, shared content or any third party websites is strictly forbidden.
Fees and Access:
One-time Regular Payment: CAD 200.00
Discount Coupon for Volunteer Centres in Canada: CAD 50.00 (Before purchasing online, to obtain your coupon code, please contact Shaminda Perera, Manager of Learning and Resource Development, Volunteer MBC, firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to purchase the license and material:
- Click: On the course title.
- Create Profile or Log-in: Create your profile in the Learning Space by clicking on the "Create new account" button in the Log-in page if you do not have one. Creating a profile with ongoing access to the site is free of charge. Or, if you have one, simply log-in.
- Pay and Enrol: You will be then taken to an enrollment page. Below where it says "This course requires payment for entry; Cost: CAD 200.00" click on the "Send payment via PayPal" button. Now, pay and enrol. Access to courses is as follows:
- Access to Course Material: Access to courses will be referred to as course "Enrollments." Pay using our PayPal payment gateway and you have instant access to the course material.
- Teacher: Sydney Atwood